Monday brings our weekly life organization and prioritization for the entire household. See what this week holds!
“If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.” (John 15:7)
* Pray for him – this week specifically praying for peace & wisdom to reign in his heart
* Bake a pie for him
Train Them Up:
Sharing is a major focus of ours lately. We’re talking about how God views selfishness and the quality of loving others. This has been a big thing for the kids to learn. They are doing pretty well at first-time obedience – that’s an ongoing lesson.
New Habit of the Month:
Walk every single day and don’t care how far (or little) we get before the kids are distracted. I tend to want to go for walk and really walk, with purpose and get exercise, but I want my kids to explore and have fun outside so I don’t want to be impatient with them and snap at them to keep going.
* VBS (I’m a photographer for it this week)
* CSA basket pick-up
* Mail package
Mon – Nachos / Pulled Pork Salad
Tues – Lasagna, Salad
Weds – Enchiladas, Salad
Thurs – I have lost the momentum of planning meals the past couple weeks, I have no idea…
Fri – TBD
Sat – TBD
Sun – Smoked meat something or other
* Discipleship w/ Ashley P.
* Perspectives training in O
3 things I’m thankful for today:
1. Friends who are “real” with me, who enjoy deep conversations and really having heart-to-hearts.
2. A husband who is such an amazing father. He constantly serves this family. He’s such a wonderful man!
3. The excitement for little things I see in my kids. It’s amazing what they find fascinating (and I particularly love how Iain says “fascinating”!
1. Things with our house in Omaha continue to drag on with our property managers. Last week, Paul actually raised his voice to them and told them we may get a lawyer (which we absolutely would). They seemed to respond better, however, things are still not resolved. Please pray that they would be resolved quickly this week and for Paul to have wisdom in negotiating terms of what damages the tenants need to pay for, etc.
2. VBS! Please pray for the gospel to ring true and for the children coming to catch the big lesson of who God is and His role in their life.
3. My foot is broken in two spots and I strained a ligament. Pray for healing, and that I would really follow doctor (and my husband’s) orders to enable better healing faster.