Here’s what our weekly prioritization looks like. Monday Meanderings is my organization tool which helps me focus on what I really need to put my effort into for the week.
“The father of the righteous will greatly rejoice; he who fathers a wise son will be glad in him.” (Proverbs 23:24)
* Pray for him – this week specifically praying for his joy & walk with Jesus
* Ask how I can serve him this week
* Let him smoke a bunch of meat
Train Them Up:
Iain is recognizing that he now has an opinion on things. This means we are starting the phase of friction with each other & also that both kids directly choose the opposite of what their sibling chooses. The twos weren’t very terrible at all but I have a feeling the threes will be quite a bit different. Continuing with letters for Iain, reading and math for Claire, and daily devotions for both of them.
New Habit of the Month:
Walk every single day and don’t care how far (or little) we get before the kids are distracted. I tend to want to go for walk and really walk, with purpose and get exercise, but I want my kids to explore and have fun outside so I don’t want to be impatient with them and snap at them to keep going.
* Cook dinner for MOPS Retreat
* CSA basket pick-up
* Organize Perspectives info for pastors
* I’m the new gymnastics coach for Iain’s class
* Serve in 2-3yo room
Mon – Tacos, Salad (for Hubs & kids, as well as my MOPS Retreat)
Tues – Tilapia, Salad, Broccoli
Weds – Paul’s going to smoke something
Thurs – TBD
Fri – TBD
Sat – TBD
Sun – Father’s Day Special Dinner
* MOPS Steering Retreat
* Discipleship w/ Ashley P.
* Playdate w/ Podliska kids
* Meet w/ pastors re: Perspectives
* Playdate w/ Gennie & kids
* Another playdate – it’s playing galore in summertime!
* My Inflatable 5K run with Anna, Grace & Mary
* Father’s Day
3 things I’m thankful for today:
1. Being home, resting for the night.
2. Honest conversation with close friends.
3. My kids are a joy. They sure do make me laugh every day.
1. Pray for my dad, Don, who is in the hospital with pneumonia. Pray for his healing and rest.
2. Our MOPS Retreat is tonight. Pray for vision casting and planning of the next year, most of which is planned already, but pray for wisdom in leading for me.
3. My friend, Anna, and I just got back from a weekend of learning all that’s entailed in running a Perspectives course. We are extremely excited about this and know it will take a lot of work – mostly working within other coordinators and promoting it. Pray for us as we meet with our pastors to seek hosting the course – communicating it well, etc. We’ve got several people who are interested in helping us already.