Do you need a bit of perspective on Mondays? The weekend is over, husbands (help) is back to work, kids are a bit grumpy because of those things. I kind of feel like that today; which is precisely why I plan the week out!
“All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.” (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
* Pray for him – this week specifically praying for mental clarity with work projects & favor with his supervisors.
* Prepare what he needs for the weekend
Train Them Up:
We are doing well at establishing daily devotional time and learning time. Claire is writing and reading very well, I love when she asks me how to spell words to write. She’s also helping me teach Iain his letters and sounds. Every day we go for walks or to the park and just play a lot. We’ve been taking a lot of trips to Omaha lately too.
New Habit of the Month:
Walk every single day and don’t care how far (or little) we get before the kids are distracted. I tend to want to go for walk and really walk, with purpose and get exercise, but I want my kids to explore and have fun outside so I don’t want to be impatient with them and snap at them to keep going.
* Finish contributor posts
* Laundry & pack
* CSA basket pick-up
* Finalize MOPS retreat plans and packets
* Serve in the nursery
Mon – Hamburgers, Sweet Potato Fries, Salad
Tues – Spaghetti, Salad, Garlic Bread
Weds – Panini, Grapes, Salad
Thurs – Tilapia, Salad, Broccoli
Fri – Hot Dogs, Chips, Fruit, Veggies
Sat – Leftovers
Sun – Grill & Chill
* Day with Paul being productive
* 1×1 w/ Cindy S.
* Discipleship w/ Ashley P.
* Playdate w/ Podliska kids
* Mission Leadership Team
* Playdate w/ Gennie & kids
* Anna & I get to go to Perspectives Coordinator Training!
* Church “Grill & Chill”
3 things I’m thankful for today:
1. The kids love exploring! It’s fantastic to see.
2. Spending time with Ashish during his short visit, being to pray with and for his family on the field.
3. A husband who serves me so much by simply helping me with whatever needs to be done. He’s amazing!
1. This is going to sound silly, but please pray that we can get the incense smell out of our Omaha house and it can see quickly. It’s a long story, but incense smell appears to be a lot like a dealing with smokers in a rental. We are now hiring out jobs to hopefully help with the smell in the house.
2. Pray for the MOPS retreat, that we’d all learn more about each other and friendships would be starting to build within the Steering team. Pray for vision to spread and wisdom in leading as well.
3. Tuesday, a small group of women from our MOPS group will be meeting with the Chamber of Commerce to discuss ideas which can potentially be planned for the city. Ideas that center around family-friendly activities and encourage the engagement of young families in the community. This is a wonderful opportunity, to have a voice in city planning, so pray for that meeting and that the Chamber members would see the needs of moms with young children here.