I’ve thought about doing away with Monday Meanderings. Some days I think it’s about run it’s course on the blog (while I would still do it privately), while others I remember how it’s easy for me look back and see what my menu or to-do list was since it’s right on here on my blog. I know people have referenced it when talking to me but I also know God is doing some amazing things here with The Brown Tribe and Monday Meanderings doesn’t necessarily fit completely.
What are your thoughts, as my readers, on (dis)continuing Monday Meanderings? You can let me know via comment, email or FB.
“Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.” (John 14:21)
* Pray for him – this week specifically praying for physical energy & stamina as we finalize projects/work for our Omaha house.
* Ask him how I can serve him this week
Train Them Up:
Iain is at the stage where his defiance is showing. Much of the time it is actually quite funny so I praise God that I’m having trouble not laughing at my little toddler rather than struggling with anger at it. It’s given us a lot of opportunities to talk about his heart (because his attitude is a reflection of his heart). I am pleased to see him quickly apologizing when he knows he did something wrong to someone and I adore seeing him hug his fellow friends… all. the. time.
Claire is still learning to control herself before she goes into an emotional spiral, but she’s getting better. Right now, she just wants to help Mommy or be Mommy so we’re addressing her bossy-ness with her brother; she thinks he needs to obey her. She is having a blast playing pretend with everything – even barrettes and straws. The items are always a family and she’s usually singing an AWANA song or pretending things from the Bible that she’s learning. It’s so fun to see and hear these truths sink in!
New Habit of the Month:
Walk every single day and don’t care how far (or little) we get before the kids are distracted. I tend to want to go for walk and really walk, with purpose and get exercise, but I want my kids to explore and have fun outside so I don’t want to be impatient with them and snap at them to keep going.
* Close out contracts on Omaha house, set up all work orders for it to be completed
* Get guest room ready & clean up downstairs a little
* CSA Basket Pick-up
* Finalize MOPS retreat plans and packets
Mon – TBD
Tues – Beef Taquitos, Salad, Oranges
Weds – Breakfast for dinner: Bacon & Eggs, with Biscuits on the side
Thurs – Chicken Artichoke Pasta, Salad
Fri – Steaks, Salad, Watermelon
Sat – Grilling out with Kevin and the gang
Sun – Leftovers
* Day with Paul being productive
* Gymnastics starts for the kids this week
* 1×1 w/ Cindy S.
* Out w/ Ashley P.
* Playdate w/ Podliska kids
* Playdate w/ Gennie & kids
* Ashish coming for a short visit & staying with us
* Care Group?
3 things I’m thankful for today:
1. The sun and warm weather! Praising God that it’s not too hot yet but that it’s warm enough to be outside enjoying the outdoors and exploring.
2. Hearing Claire sing songs from church. She’s been sitting with us in the service and is picking up on awesome worship which she sings all the time.
3. That a small group of women from our MOPS group have the opportunity to meet with the Chamber of Commerce to discuss ideas on more family-friendly resources for the city. YAY!!!!
1. Continued vision and grace with our parenting, specifically when they are showing their sinfulness (and us as well).
2. That our house in Omaha will sell quickly now that it’s vacant and can be seen at all opportunities.
3. For our (MOPS moms) conversation with the Chamber about potential business opportunities and services to support young families. We’d love to see things splash parks, a family fun center, things to do with the kids of all ages during the winter months, etc.