This Monday kicks off the first week with no school! It’s going to be fun and laid back.
“I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” (Galatians 2:20)
* Pray for him – this week specifically praying for protection over our marriage & growth together in Christ
* Bake a pie for him (Claire wants to make 2 pumpkin and 1 strawberry rhubarb – cute!)
Train Them Up:
Continuing the hard work of parenting through emotional outbursts & discipline, or in moments where I just fail and rest in the grace offered. It’s my life lately but I am learning so much myself as we all continue to be sanctified & grow in applying God’s Word to our lives, thoughts, emotions and behaviors.
Claire is becoming such a helper, especially wanting to cook with me. I take her up on every offer to help because I know it won’t last long & then she’ll be dragging her feet to help. She is really reading a lot, and has now started correcting me when I miss a word. Iain is doing really well as fine motor things and his numbers. We’re working on letters a lot lately, and Claire’s taken front seat with teaching him.
New Habit of the Month:
Get things tossed into the Garage Sale pile!
* Finish 1 guest post
* CSA Basket Pick-up
Mon – TBD
Tues – Spaghetti, Salad, Peaches
Weds – Homemade Pizza, Fruit, Salad
Thurs – Grill Steaks, Salad, Fruit
Fri – Roast Hot Dogs over fire, Salad, Watermelon
Sat – Chicken Artichoke Pasta, Salad
Sun – Leftovers
* Day with family
* 1×1 w/ Cindy S.
* Discipleship w/ Ashley P.
* Teaching a class on essential oils
* Playdate with Gennie & kids
3 things I’m thankful for today:
1. Friends who cared to extend hospitality to the kids and me with Paul out of town.
2. Watching the kids play, and of course playing with them. I absolutely love seeing their joy, hearing their laughs, and hearing their conversations.
3. The things God is doing for our MOPS group, it’s exciting and I’m looking forward to next year!
1. Sleep! I’ve been having trouble sleeping, and so has Iain. I think I’ve gotten about 4 hours every night since last Weds.
2. Two more weeks of dealing with our property managers. Pray for wisdom in this last leg and specifically for Paul as he corresponds with them.
3. Lots of graduates we know are celebrating the culmination of high school and preparing for college. Pray for their direction and that they would come ever closer to the Lord. Pray for their discernment and vision for where they are going next.