Monday has come and I’m honestly at a loss for what this week holds. I’m going to enjoy the flexibility that this week will bring.
Discipleship Resources and chain-reference Bible study
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.” (2 Corinthians 5:17)
* Pray for him – this week specifically praying for his safety and his influence to increase.
* Plan a camping weekend soon
Train Them Up:
Continuing the hard work of parenting through emotional outbursts & discipline, or in moments where I just fail and rest in the grace offered. It’s my life lately but I am learning so much myself as we all continue to be sanctified & grow in applying God’s Word to our lives, thoughts, emotions and behaviors.
Claire’s last week of school is this week and she has excelled in so many areas. Iain is very excited to go to school 2 days a week in the fall but first he needs to get better at potty training. For both kids, we are working on self-control – mainly with tantrums and social situations. My kids can be rambunctious and high-energy; for parents who like quiet & calm, this is challenging. We’ve tried so many things to help them not be so loud, and I’m realizing that I’m rather sensitive to noise myself. They have good days and bad days with this so we will continue in this training with consistency.
New Habit of the Month:
Get things tossed into the Garage Sale pile!
* Finish 2 guest posts
* Communicate MOPS retreat to new steering team
* Contact elders about Perspectives training
* CSA Basket pick-up
* Provide dinner to the Boyer-Sears family
Mon – Breakfast Burritos, Salad, Mango/Apple Juice
Tues – Beef Enchiladas, Beans, Salad
Weds – Bean & Biscuit Casserole, Salad
Thurs – Leftovers
Fri – Sloppy Joes, Salad, Mandarines, Grapes
Sat – Leftovers
Sun – TBD
* 1×1 w/ Cindy S.
* Discipleship w/ Ashley P.
* Shopping in Omaha
* Taylor’s Graduation Party
* Family time at zoo or something else fun.
3 things I’m thankful for today:
1. Claire’s been making a lot cards for me and they are so sweet! She’s brought me to tears quite a few times by her heart and creativity this weekend.
2. The Bible. Every time I read it, I am drawn in and God reveals new things to me.
3. Godly women who sharpen and encourage me. I am astounded at the caliber of character these women I rub shoulders with have. I enjoy being able to share, and cry, and rest in their acceptance no matter what. This is what being in the Body is about!
1. For three more Mentor moms to join our MOPS group. Looking specifically for Bible-believing, godly women who are 1-2 stages above the rest of us – so with kids in middle-high school who can invest in a group of women and encourage with godly wisdom.
2. Our MOPS group is also severely hurting for MOPPETS volunteers – – people who love kids and have a heart to support our young moms by watching our children during our one meeting a month (2nd Friday of each month Sept-May). Pray for many, many more volunteers to help fill our needs so we don’t have to turn any mom away next year.
3. Pray for wisdom & grace as Paul continues to deal with our property managers and tenants of our house in Omaha. It’s been pretty stressful and in 3 weeks, both contracts will be over so we’re looking forward to getting lots of things done & hoping that it sells quickly after that.