Yet another Monday! Let us rejoice that Mondays happen, because they start another fun week.
Perspectives on the World Christian Movement Course (LOTS of Bible & LOTS of reading!)
“Beloved, I urge you as sojourners and exiles to abstain from the passions of the flesh, which wage war against your soul. Keep your conduct among the Gentiles honorable, so that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day of visitation.” (1 Peter 2:11-12)
* Pray for him – this week specifically praying for motivation and energy to finish projects well
* Help him go to bed early
Train Them Up:
We are focusing on teaching the kids a heart of gratitude and thankfulness. They’ve both been complaining and fighting a lot so we’ve spent a good portion on thanking God for His provision. We are using several tools from Compassion International to help with this. We are also starting to teach them about money, specifically earning money so they (Claire mostly) can see that we don’t have loads of it to spend on every whim.
New Habit of the Month:
Juice 2 times a week!
* Finish Claire’s door so we can put it back on
* Clean up the living & dining rooms
* Wrap Addie’s present
* Finish MOPS stuff
Mon – Tilapia, Salad, Mango
Tues – Sloppy Joes, Sweet Potato Fries, Salad
Weds – Leftovers
Thurs – Bacon & Eggs
Fri – Roast Hot Dogs over fire, Chips, Strawberries
Sat – TBD
Sun – Care Group (Egg Salad Sandwiches)
* Mission-based prayer at our house
* Playdate w/ Lana & kids
* 1×1 Cindy S.
* Perspectives Course with Anna
* AWANA for Claire
* Going to the Zoo w/ Gennie & kids
* Shopping for seasonal clothes for the kids by myself
* Sleepover with my SIL, Sarah
* Addison’s birthday Party
* Lunch w/ the Kaseks
* Care Group
3 things I’m thankful for today:
1. Friends – both Christians and non-Christians, who are so much fun to walk through life with.
2. Being able to be productive and get stuff done with my husband. I love working by his side on things.
3. God’s Word and how it’s constantly challenging me & drawing me deeper into the wisdom and love of the Holy.
1. For the kids as they learn some hard lessons for kids about selfishness, greed & obedience. Pray for hearts soft to the Word of God that we teach them and that God would draw them to Him.
2. As the weather gets nicer, we hope to invite our neighbors over more for dinners, fire-pits, etc. Pray that their hearts would be receptive to our invitations and that we can start building relationships with them. Most of them have resisted the last 2 years, we aren’t giving up!
3. Continued motivation, diligence and energy to complete projects and tasks. Both Paul and I can lag in completion of things when we get tired or find other things to do. I want to see lots of things done for good.