Monday brings a new week, with new perspective and new tasks. My priority is always to pursue Christ in the roles He’s given me, but here I go through what actually lies ahead and organize it so I can focus rightly.
Perspectives on the World Christian Movement Course (LOTS of Bible & LOTS of reading!)
“I thank my God always when I remember you in my prayers, because I hear of your love and of the faith that you have toward the Lord Jesus and for all the saints, and I pray that the sharing of your faith may become effective for the full knowledge of every good thing that is in us for the sake of Christ.” (Philemon 1:4-6)
* Pray for him – this week specifically praying for rest during a busy week & for his heart of service.
* Pick up the toys, specifically Legos, and have dinner ready for him when he gets home.
Train Them Up:
Both kids are getting lessons in showing kindness to one another lately, not “repaying evil with evil” and the like. They seem to both be on edge with each other, which can make me batty, but I want to have a low-key week without a ton of extra stuff for them. They’ll be helping me clean this week too.
New Habit of the Month:
* Appt tomorrow morning
* Clean & laundry
Mon – Stuffed Green Peppers
Tues – Italian Meatball Soup (for rest of family, not me)
Weds – Burritos
Thurs – Pizza, Sweet Potato Fries, Salad
Fri – TBD
Sat – Boys on own
Sun – Leftovers
* Perspectives Course with Anna
* 1×1 with Cindy S
* 1×1 with Kathy W
* AWANA for Claire
* Playdate w/ Gennie & kids
* 1×1 with Kristi
* Frozen: Disney on Ice, family girls’ fun trip!
3 things I’m thankful for today:
1. A husband who makes me my favorites for “special breakfast” – French Toast & awesome dark coffee!
2. Working together as a family to complete things – tasks, projects, etc.
3. Reading chapter books as a family, we’re on Chapter 4 of Pollyanna!
1. Our Greece team came back last night, some of them are sick and others have to work today already. Pray for their bodies and minds, for healing physically & for rest & rejuvenation. We’ll get to hear all about their trip during the “debriefing”.
2. Adjustments are needing to be made in our schedules. I’m finding I tend to be averse to change our schedules and routines but I know I have to and that’s a bit hard sometimes for me, and the kids too.
3. That I would serve Paul really well. He’s been serving me in so many ways by helping pick up the slack at home while I do Perspectives and have a few other commitments come up every once in a while. I don’t want to take advantage of his support, but also always be looking for ways in which I can encourage and serve him.