Every Monday I do my weekly task for the prioritization and organization of my tasks. This helps me to feel not so stressed as I strictly focus on the things that need to be done throughout the week. Check it out, and share your own if you want!
Perspectives on the World Christian Movement Course (LOTS of Bible & LOTS of reading!)
“For this is the message that you have heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.” (1 John 3:11)
* Pray for him – this week specifically praying for our marriage & encouragement of one another.
* Calm transition on evenings when time is short due to outside activities.
Train Them Up:
IAIN — Trying to determine how best to let him be the rambunctious boy that God has created to be within the constraints of self-control and kindness. He loves to wrestle & be rowdy, but he has a hard time listening to others when they say they don’t want to play like that. This will take some time for him to learn, especially with a sister who wrestles with him but quickly changes her mind.
CLAIRE — We’re trying to help her understand that her actions and words have an affect on others, particularly when she wants to play with Iain but then changes her mind soon thereafter. We’ve been dealing with some major attitude (I think I have a teen going through puberty sometimes!) and fits when she doesn’t get what she wants so she can be manipulative sometimes too. However, she can also be a major helper and I love that she has a desire to do Mommy things, like cooking and chores. She is so very sweet in helping her brother when he’s hurt. She truly has a compassionate heart and I love seeing it.
New Habit of the Month:
* Finish Perspectives homework
* Mail package to Christie
* Appt in Omaha
Mon – Chicken Tostadas, Salad, Peaches
Tues – Pizza, Salad (for rest of family, not me)
Weds – Cranberry Pork Roast, Homemade Sweet Potato Fries, Salad
Thurs – Pinwheels, Peas, Fruit
Fri – TBD
Sat – Birthday dinner
Sun – Leftovers
* Perspectives Course with Anna
* 1×1 with Cindy
* Playdate with MOPS moms
* AWANA for Claire
* Day in Omaha with Gennie & kids, seeing my friend Barb
* Calling Hungary to encourage the Revells
* Hannah’s Birthday celebration
3 things I’m thankful for today:
1. Heart to heart talks with my husband. I so thoroughly enjoy the time spent 1×1 with each other talking.
2. Time spent playing and imagining with the kids. Iain’s getting excellent at building with Legos.
3. The grace demonstrated by others. Nothing encourages me more than seeing the Body of Christ relating well together and exemplifying Jesus to one another.
1. We’ve got a team in Greece this week helping with some major projects. Please pray for them as they seek to serving that they’d be an encouragement to our brothers and sisters there, as well as opportunities to speak of Jesus with others. Pray also for their families here, many wives are holding down the forts with the home and children here while these men are overseas. Pray that we’d, as a church body, support and encourage them well.
2. Safety for 2 families traveling out to Denver to transport one’s MIL back here to live in an assisted living place. Pray for them all physically, emotionally and spiritually as they go deal with a tough situation in the “sandwich generation” (those caught in caring for their children, as well as caring for their parents).
3. Continued diligence in the homework for Perspectives. Lately I’ve really struggled with staying on top of it & I need to get ahead a little bit in preparation for missing at least one class. Time management & procrastination fall into this category for me as well right now.