Monday is here and that means so is my weekly “life organization” post! Here’s how life is going this week.
Perspectives on the World Christian Movement Course (LOTS of Bible & LOTS of reading!)
“Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.” (2 Timothy 2:15)
* Pray for him – this week specifically praying for his influence over the kids & godly fatherhood.
* Get things ready for him on days I need to leave right when he gets home so it’s a smoother & calmer transition.
Train Them Up:
IAIN — Potty training still, he’s dong excellent and has kept his bed dry the past 3 nights, has started going #2 in the potty & is getting better at going to the bathroom for the toilet. We’re also working on harnessing his energy a bit (his desire to always “fight” and “kill things”). Paul’s been great at teaching him what it means to be a “man”, i.e. protecting women & girls, God made them strong but they also need to be gentle, etc.
CLAIRE — She’s becoming our little helper! She loves to dust, set the table, put dishes away from the dishwasher, and cook (though there’s not a lot of room for her to help much with cooking). Currently working on her pouting, or what I call her manipulation tactics. We’re going through a lot more scripture at home so she knows a lot of things but we’re talking her through not just having the right answers or saying what she thinks we want to hear, but really believing it in her heart. I think we’ll be talking about this a lot as she grows, she’s a people pleaser.
New Habit of the Month:
Stay at least a week ahead on writing, keep them scheduled to alleviate time on social media. In other words, come up with & stick to a writing schedule so nothing’s coming down to the wire. Stop procrastinating!
* Meet w/ Kelli, Kristi & Debbie re: oils
* Make snack for Perspectives class
* Volunteer at CCS Souper Supper Fundraiser
* Make 2 pies for Soup Fundraiser
Mon – Leftover Homemade Mac-n-cheese, green beans, mango
Tues – Spaghetti, salad, garlic bread (for rest of family, not me)
Weds – Fish, salad, broccoli, peaches
Thurs – Sloppy Joes, homemade sweet potato fries, salad
Fri – CCS Soup Fundraiser
Sat – Dinner with the Podliskas
Sun – Leftovers
* Perspectives Course with Anna
* Playdate with Gennie & kids
* 1×1 with Cindy
* AWANA for Claire
* Mission Leadership Mtg
* Dinner w/ Podliskas
3 things I’m thankful for today:
1. Iain is doing so excellent with potty training! I really believe we’ve come over the hump with him. The first 2 days were awesome and then it was a run of not-so-good day, but he had a major “it clicks” moment on Friday and he’s been awesome ever since!
2. Paul blesses and serves me so much, which is his love language (serving). He takes charge of “first shift”, which is first thing to the morning, and allows me to wake up gently. He’s just so amazing, I’m grateful to God for him!
3. The kids have been playing together so well, actually playing instead of fighting over toys. Claire’s taking on a role of teaching Iain new things and they both love it!
1. Pray for a friend who is having Scriptural truth spoken to her in many ways. Pray for her to be open to what God is doing in her.
2. For my dad. He is having another back surgery to fix a loose screw (in his back, I know it sounds funny). He’s been in a lot of pain and has been off work since October. Pray for his healing and for their finances as they adjust to even less pay since he’ll be entering long-term disability until he can get back to work.
3. For the discipleship of our kids, shepherding them in righteousness & toward knowing Him personally.