1 John & The Excellent Wife
“Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.” (Romans 5:1-5)
* Pray for him – this week specifically praying for his influence over the kids & increased closeness between them all.
* Help the transition of meals, etc to his new 9/80 work schedule
Train Them Up:
IAIN – He’s starting to really miss his pacis and has been crying for them a lot. I am trying to do more puzzles with him and help him figure things out while working on gross and fine motor skills. He’s definitely becoming a little bossy so I am working on him with that, as well as his terrible tantrums when he doesn’t get what he wants – talking through selfishness – and he’s also learning that lying is not acceptable either. He wants to do everything Claire wants to do – everything. This is adorable and presents some challenges as well.
CLAIRE – Training her to be a helper around the house and take responsibility to care for our stuff. She’s doing great at getting ready for the day first thing in the morning, especially on preschool days. We are focusing on helping her color, draw, etc more so she can build hand strength and holding a pencil/crayon correctly. I’m working with her on not screaming at her brother when he won’t leave her alone – using kind words and tone of voice.
New Habit of the Month:
I’m taking a rest from any specific focus for the month of October.
* Menu planning and grocery shopping
* MOPS stuff
* Blog planning & brainstorming for upcoming guest posts I’ll be writing
* Finalize upcoming essential oil class
* Daylight savings time ends on Sunday
Mon – TBD
Tues – 15 Bean Soup, French Bread
Weds – Cranberry Pork Roast, Applesauce, Broccoli
Thurs – Taco Pie, Salad
Fri – Hot Dogs, Jello, Fresh Veggies
Sat – Spaghetti, Garlic Bread, Salad, Carrots
Sun – Leftovers
* Library to pick new books and see Karen
* Playdate with Gennie & kids; watch her kids while she gets her hair done!!
* Awana for Claire
* Time with Ashley P & kids
* MOPS parade through nursing homes
* Fire pit on Halloween??
3 things I’m thankful for today:
1. Being able to see family and celebrate Marshall’s influence and life pastoring their church that he is resigning from. We enjoy being able to participate in things like these!
2. A husband who leads, and serves. He’s amazing! He leads me well, even if my flesh fights it sometimes God definitely uses Paul to draw me toward godliness.
3. Our kids are really good kids. They are funny, smart, adorable, and I love seeing God grow their character so that I can see their compassion for others, desire to help serve others, and loving, sweet nature. I’m so thankful that Honey Pat & Papa Don were so blessed by them and they did so great while we were gone. It is a wonderful thing to hear!
1. We’re fighting colds. At first I thought it might have been allergies, but given all the traveling we’ve done lately to different weather systems and just busyness that wears us down, as well as waking up with congestion, etc. Please pray that we’d feel better and kick these colds – specifically the kids, when coughs can affect their breathing. We are starting oils as soon as we get home!
2. A dear friend of mine is going through some big and heartbreaking things within her marriage. Pray for the Lord to strengthen & encourage her. Pray for her to turn her eyes to Christ during this rough spot and that she’d put every effort to love and serve her husband. Pray that her husband would sacrifice his habit of pornography and repent, that he’d come to Jesus and that ultimately they would see restoration and forgiveness in their marriage. My heart breaks for them right now.
3. Pray that we’d continue to seek ways in which to serve, love and build relationships with our neighbors. We really want to see some good friendships with people on our street.