1 John & The Excellent Wife
“Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord himself, is the Rock eternal.” (Isaiah 26:4)
* Pray for him – this week specifically for growth in friendships with other men & for the men’s Bible study he is leading.
* Spend quality time with him as much as he wants.
Train Them Up:
IAIN – He seems to be entering the terrible twos with full blown tantrums as well as extreme stubbornness and defiance. This means we’re starting the long haul of training a toddler in obedience and balancing that with grace. We’ve had some good days and some very not-so-good days. He really loves learning alongside Claire at home when we’re doing school and is getting good at saying all the letters of the alphabet & better at counting.
CLAIRE – She loves Awana and preschool, she asks to do school at home and for us to read to her a lot. She’s starting to want to teach Iain so she’ll say, “Iain, watch me do it and then you try,” when they are playing. She also tries to be his mommy still so we’re hampering down on that habit but encouraging her nurturing character.
New Habit of the Month:
I’m taking a rest from any specific focus for the month of October.
* Deliver orders
* Menu planning and grocery shopping
* Mail packages
* Laundry & clean house
* Dr. Appt
Mon – Quesadillas, Applesauce, Carrots
Tues – Hamburgers, Salad, Sweet Potato Fries, Brownies
Weds – Homemade Pizza, Peaches, Salad
Thurs – Something from the pantry/freezer
Fri – Leftovers
Sat – TBD
Sun – TBD
* Playdate with Gennie & kids
* Playdate with Lana & Carter (& studying Scripture)
* 1×1 time with Cindy
3 things I’m thankful for today:
1. Being rejuvenated with the Word and encouraged and supported by so many amazing and godly women at MOMCon. It was so awesome and truly remarkable – it was exactly what I needed and I’m thankful for the opportunity to attend.
2. My kids. After not seeing them for nearly 5 days, I’ve missed them so much and we’ve had such a fun time of reconnection!
3. Friends that have my back! Gennie helped me while I was gone and unexpectedly away from internet by sending a msg for me, and Cindy & Kristi both offered to help me later this week. Community and friendship is so rewarding and an excellent avenue in which God provides for us.
1. Safe travel for Kristi & I to Louisville & for God to use this conference to give us vision, training and excitement for the next year+ with our own MOPS group here at home.
2. Continued grace as we seek to connect with our newest neighbors, that we would have favor in their eyes and start building good relationships.
3. Safe travel for family this month and for excellent time as a family.