1 John & The Excellent Wife
“And now, little children, abide in him, so that when he appears we may have confidence and not shrink from him in shame at his coming.” (1 John 2:28)
* Pray for him – this week specifically for his time with the kids & that he’d connect well with them.
* Help with whatever I can this week
Train Them Up:
IAIN – He seems to be entering the terrible twos with full blown tantrums as well as extreme stubbornness and defiance. This means we’re starting the long haul of training a toddler in obedience and balancing that with grace. We’ve had some good days and some very not-so-good days. He’s still a joy when he’s not being stubborn, but I’m thinking about reading a book with the words “strong-willed child” in it’s title. His favorite thing to do is be tickled and his laugh is infectious. I am having so much fun with him when we get our “alone time” while Claire’s at school.
CLAIRE – She is doing excellent at her Awana “homework” and wanting to read more. She’s also absolutely loving school. Currently we are working with her on speaking kindly & showing love to her brother. She’s also being a wonderful helper – with making her bed, getting dressed, cleaning up, setting the table and helping with a lot of small things.
New Habit of the Month:
I’m taking a rest from any specific focus for the month of October.
* Make spaghetti sauce & taco meat
* Grocery Shopping
* Laundry & pack
Mon – Garlic Lime Chicken Fajitas, Beans, Spanish Rice & Clementines
Tues – Rosemary Chicken with Potatoes, Green Beans, Salad & Clementines
Weds-Sun – I don’t have to worry about it for the rest of the week (but I did prep some stuff for the family)
* Playdate with Gennie & kids
3 things I’m thankful for today:
1. God’s Word. Being able to study deeply the last week or so has been so encouraging and rejuvenating to my soul!
2. For Joy who is serving Paul & I so much by taking care of the kids during Paul’s workday.
3. Fall! And all things pumpkin, hot cocoa & apple cider, chilly mornings, etc.
1. Safe travel for Kristi & I to Louisville & for God to use this conference to give us vision, training and excitement for the next year+ with our own MOPS group here at home.
2. For Paul & the kids to have grace and patience with one another but to also have a ton of fun.
3. For God’s glory to be exalted, and for His favor & courage as I write and share more of my story with others – particularly as I meet with editors & publishers at MomCon.