1 John & The Excellent Wife
“By this we may know that we are in him: whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked.” (1 John 2:5b-6)
* Pray for him – this week specifically for rest
* Bake a pie for him
Train Them Up:
IAIN – First-time obedience & table manners. He is getting better at table manners, slowly over time. He’s starting to really throw tantrums and move into those whiney years of toddlerhood but we’re taking it one day at a time; trying to be consistent and teach him that he doesn’t always get what he wants.
CLAIRE – She’s doing better at playing with Iain, we’ve been reading a lot of Scripture together about selfishness and caring for other people. We’re still trying to find a good routine for homeschooling but I’m just glad that it only takes about 30 minutes or so a day right now. She’s been very snuggly lately too, I think she’s exercising her love for physical touch with hugs and wanting to hang on us (literally) all the time right now.
New Habit of the Month:
Just because I still feel a bit overwhelmed with the new routines myself, this month I’m going to try different routines in order to get a better assessment on what works for our family. We might do school in the morning one day and then in the afternoon a few days later. Really want to have a routine for all of us.
* Grocery shopping
* Prep some food ahead of time.
* Write book reviews (x4)
* Iain’s dentist appt
* MOPS Fundraiser
M – Tacos, Watermelon
T – Pizza Ranch for MOPS Fundraiser
W – Lasagna, Garlic Bread, Salad, Clementines
Th – TBD
F – TBD
Sa – TBD
Su – TBD
* Call with the Kotaks in India
* Father-son & Mommy-daughter dates
* Playdate with Gennie & kids
* Get to see family for E’s birthday!
* 5K & Toddler Trot as family fun
3 things I’m thankful for today:
1. Essential Oils!! Being able to help calm my kids from Hand, Foot & Mouth Disease without having to take them to the doctor or letting them sit in misery. They did not get symptoms nearly as bad as some other precious kids we know and love.
2. Friends. We have been so loved by our friends this week while our kids were sick. One brought them a little care package and nothing loves me more than when people love my family well. It gets straight to my heart so I’m very thankful for our friends here.
3. I’m so ready for fall! I absolutely adore the cooler weather, even if it rains quite a bit.
1. Some friends are having quite a time with their babies, whether it be colic, food-related or something that’s hard to figure out. These families need prayer for their exhaustion and also that they would accept the help offered to them to get through these tiring times.
2. Safety during travel with some family traveling this week and next week.
3. Time management is always a struggle for me and something I’m always trying to learn!