1 John & The Excellent Wife
“If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.” (1 John 1:6-7)
* Pray for him – this week specifically for connecting well as a family
* Finish MOPS stuff so we can chill out together and just “be”
Train Them Up:
IAIN – First-time obedience & table manners. The never ending training for him. He’s doing really well on colors, we also work on ABCs & numbers. He is doing better at playing with Claire.
CLAIRE – She loves preschool & is coming home reciting verses and sharing her art. She’s enjoying writing her name, etc. Homeschooling is also going well, she’s eager to do crafts and loves learning. She started Awana last week too. I love that she loves learning so much, that’s wonderful to see, but I also see that she’s eager to answer every single question & interrupts to do so. We’ve had conversations about pride and not needing to know all the answers but to let other people answer too – to care about their learning as well.
New Habit of the Month:
Just because I still feel a bit overwhelmed with the new routines myself, this month I’m going to try different routines in order to get a better assessment on what works for our family. We might do school in the morning one day and then in the afternoon a few days later. Really want to have a routine for all of us.
* Mail books
* Get a handle on MOPS groups before Friday, finish prep and let it rest
* Start planning out meals for Paul while I’m gone to Kentucky for 5 days
M – Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Apples & Pears, Carrots
T – Cheesy Chicken-Tomato Pasta, Green Beans, Garlic Bread, Apples
W – Sweet & Sour Popcorn Chicken, Rice, Peas
Th – Spaghetti, Asparagus, Salad, Peaches
F – Dinner w/ Podliskas — Grill Something, Fruit Salad, Broccoli
Sa – Grilled Tilapia, Salad, Corn on the Cob, Clementines
Su – Leftovers
* Help Gena w/ EOs
* Girl’s Night with Joy & Gennie (bowling!)
* Playdate with Gennie & kids
* Calling Natalie in India
* Awana starts for Claire
* Excellent Wives
* MOPS starts this week
* 1×1 w. Ashley
* Dinner with the Podliskas
3 things I’m thankful for today:
1. Claire slept later than 6a today!
2. Iain’s been super snuggly with me lately. I love snuggles!!!
3. Fall weather!
1. MOPS! Things are getting down to the wire, it starts this week and it’s been pretty stressful lately. We’re already full and have a waiting list. Pray that groups would come together, leaders would be excited to lead, and that this year women would be stepping up to lead for the following year. MOPS has taken a lot more of my time than I thought but I also know that within a month, it’ll all cool down and I’ll be gliding through the rest of the year – this preparation stuff is what’s so time-consuming.
2. I’ve turned down a writing opportunity so that I wouldn’t be obligated with another blog but I do however have a desire for something to write on my own blog. I’ve been praying about it and God gave me the idea last weekend. Later that same day is when I got the email asking me to think about this other opportunity to partner with another blog, but after talking with Paul and praying about it, I have declined. All that to say, please pray that God orchestrates and is glorified in this new endeavor that I will be starting on this blog. I will blog about it later this week.
3. I want to love my husband well, serve him selflessly,. I struggle with this when I feel overwhelmed but it’s something I always need to sacrifice myself for. Pray this week that I would do just that.