Colossians & The Excellent Wife
“And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.” (1 Peter 5:10)
* Pray for him – this week specifically for success at work & his influence with his co-workers
* Have kitchen cleaned up before he gets home, cutting down on dishes after dinner.
* Cut his hair (one of my least favorite things to do but one of his faves).
Train Them Up:
IAIN – Training him at the table has been a ing arduous process. We’re back at it with teaching him to stay seated, not banging things, to sit down and eat. He’s doing really well on color recognition and starting to recognize some numbers.
CLAIRE – New routine with school, and she’s been getting up SUPER early. I don’t know why and I don’t know if it’s normal but it’s been tiring. She’s doing really great with reading.
New Habit of the Month:
Get into a school routine with Claire and figure out what works with Iain during that time.
* Mail packages
* Call plumber? (check with Paul on this)
* Return clothes
* Finish organizing books in the basement, we’re purging 4 big boxes!
M – Pretzel Peanut Chicken w/ Stir-fry Couscous
T – Lasagna, Garlic Bread, Salad
W – Breakfast for Dinner: Eggs, French Toast, Sausage
Th – Meatloaf, Potatoes, Salad, Apples
F – Chili & Fruit
Sa – Grilling Burgers & Hotdogs, Chips, Watermelon, Cake
Su – Leftovers
* Homeschooling starts this week
* Playdate with Lana & Carter
* Iain’s turns 2 this week!!!!
* Excellent Wives study
* MOPS Steering Mtg
* A bunch of friends over to help move a play structure & have dinner
* Birthday party for the boys (camping theme) in the backyard.
3 things I’m thankful for today:
1. Celebrating Paul yesterday was fun, I’m so very thankful for him even if he teases me about always being younger. He’s amazing and the best possible spouse God could ever give me!
2. Coffee and that my kids sometimes play nicely together in the mornings. I wish I were more of a morning person but I am not, despite how many times I try to be.
3. My kids are growing, growing, growing and it’s unbelievable! I can’t believe Claire has started school and Iain turns 2 this week. I see such cuteness in them as they become big and I’m always so astonished by how much I’ve forgotten about their littleness. I love looking at old photos for this reason.
1. Last week was a very hard week. Paul thinks that the kids are learning how to play together – they want to play together but don’t know how since they both have different ideas of what playing together means. It was constant fighting and discipline and I was so weary. Praying for a much better week this week!
2. Pray for my friend Gennie & I in the next few weeks or couple of months. We’ve got a lot to do in preparation for MOPS starting, but we both know that after it gets going, our jobs become much easier. We’re both a little overwhelmed with our respective tasks, I’m grateful however that we are involved and taking ownership in serving. Praying for a great year!
3. I confessed to Paul last night that I often wake up feeling a little defeated lately. Defeated in terms of household duties and priorities, especially now that schooling is in the mix. I know expectations must be lowered now, to give myself grace, but I still struggle with not being able to even catch up on things that need to be done. This is something a billion moms out there deal with so I know I’m not alone, it’s just hard when tasks keep piling up and I can barely make a dent in them in any given day/week.