Ruth & The Excellent Wife
“Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.” (Hebrews 12:1-2)
* Pray for him – this week specifically for his devotion to the Lord, his quiet times & prayer time.
* Do projects or tasks with him, help each other get more done.
Train Them Up:
IAIN – Currently trying to train him at table manners like not using his food as a hammer all the time, or spitting out his milk because he thinks it’s funny. This is one area (while eating) that I don’t have a lot of patience in – because he’s just gross and messy – so it’s been a challenge for me to not get frustrated. Praying for patience for myself as he continues to learn what’s appropriate. He’s counting really well lately, he forgets the numbers 2, 8 & 10 but that’s ok!
CLAIRE – She is certainly the “mommy-type” right now, we’re trying to hone those qualities a little so she’s not so bossy or tattling all the time, but that she also know we appreciate when she wants to help. She’s been really interested in helping with cooking lately.
New Habit of the Month:
I didn’t really do this much last month, it’s a was floundering type of month for me so I will be purposing myself with this again: Plan out my new routine – making room for writing/blogging while also loving my Hubs, parenting well, keeping up with housework and serving/building relationships with our neighbors and community.
* Get cat food from vet
* Schedule Iain’s 2y appt
* Finish walking the city for MOPS directory fundraiser
* Get together training material for DGLs/MOPS
* Start making the MOPS directory from scratch so it’s ready for inserts of photo/bios.
M – Hruskas (we’ve got ice cream & cookies for dessert)
T – Quesadillas, Corn, Beans
W – Hamburgers, Salad, Sweet Potato Fries, Corn, Fruit
Th – Ham & Swiss Crescents, Fruit, Cut Veggies & Humus
F – Sloppy Joes, Fries, Salad, Watermelon
Sa – Pizza Muffins, Salad, Watermelon
Su – Breakfast: Eggs, Sausage, Biscuits or French Toast
* Hopefully finishing up the reupholstering project with Gena
* Hruskas over for dinner
* Play date with Kelli & kids
* Shannon’s coming to visit!
* Play date with Marie
* Meeting with Kevin & Mike about missions
3 things I’m thankful for today:
1. A husband who loves spending time with the kids and helps with anything needing to be done. He’s rather awesome!
2. Good times with friends, we’ve enjoyed spending a lot of time with others lately.
3. Lavender. This essential oil has helped me get to sleep so easily when I’m wide awake at 11pm.
1. A dear of mine lost her baby girl last week – 3 weeks prior to her due date. Please for her and her family, it’s a longer and more complicated story but it’s not mine to tell. Pray for their healing and hearts, that God would protect their minds and thoughts to be free from doubt in His goodness and character but also to be free from feelings of guilt. Pray also that she wouldn’t withdraw, but instead would let others serve and support her through this time.
2. Pray for MOPS – we are in need of several volunteers to step up this year. Pray God would raise those volunteers up and that He would be glorified in how we, as the Steering Committee, leads it.
3. It looks like 2 of our neighbors are moving out rather immediately, 1 has already sold their house and the other is putting it on the market very very soon. We are currently praying fervently for the next folks who move in. We desire to see community happening on this street, pray for receptiveness to our hospitality and for people we would connect well with. Also hoping they have young kids for Claire & Iain to befriend.