Ruth & The Excellent Wife
“Leave your simple ways, and live, and walk in the way of insight.” (Proverbs 9:6)
* Pray for him – this week specifically for his demonstration of love for me and our marriage
* Take a break from scheduling hospitality, let our calendar be clear for a bit (apart from currently penciled in stuff)
Train Them Up:
IAIN – He’s learning how to use his words to request things instead of whining. He’s also learning manners at the table – this one is especially hard for me to have patience at but he’s slowly getting it that we don’t throw food at the table or pretend our forks are swords. He’s also sitting down with us when Claire and I do flashcards, he tries to copy what she says but he really has no clue about letters, much less sight words.
CLAIRE – Claire’s doing really well at using initiative to help me around the house. She’s also trying to stop herself from losing it and using her words more, that’s encouraging to see! She’s doing fantastic at reading small words and sentences. Her favorite thing to do right now, and my favorite thing to watch, is pretend play with almost any object she finds. I love her imagination!
New Habit of the Month:
I didn’t really do this much last month, it’s a was floundering type of month for me so I will be purposing myself with this again: Plan out my new routine – making room for writing/blogging while also loving my Hubs, parenting well, keeping up with housework and serving/building relationships with our neighbors and community.
* Menu plan for next week so we have some kind of plan
* Clean up double stroller
* Get remaining baby stuff together for garage sale
* Make final contacts with my DGL for MOPS and schedule our training meeting
* Call Foreman Construction for another quote
M – Steaks, Salad, Fruit, Bell Peppers & Cucumbers
T – Chicken Artichoke Pasta, Broccoli, Fruit, Ice Cream
W – Garlic Herb Pork Chops, Sweet Potato Fries, Peas
Th – Leftovers
F – TBD
Sa – TBD
Su – OUT (coupon for either Pizza Hut or Applebees)
* Had a wonderful lunch & visit with the Noonans! Totally loved that time!
* Wading in the Loup River
* Dinner with Karen & Will on Tuesday, followed by games afterwards
* Playdate with Marie & kids
* Meeting with Anna Menter re: support raising
* Get to see family and have a blast at the Air Show! Hopefully will get some awesome photos for Iain’s room to completely finish the decor.
3 things I’m thankful for today:
1. Having people I can go to for prayer support when I’m really struggling with decisions, and being able to share with them my heart in it all without fear of judgement.
2. That God answers prayer so readily sometimes and this week was certainly that way for me.
3. Being able to get on the floor and laugh with my kids.
1. Our neighbors, Kent & Gloria, are elderly and have called 911 six times in the past 6 weeks due to Kent’s inability to get out of bed. Thankfully, they’ve called us once directly but we hope it’ll be more so we can help them without them having to call 911 so much (I am on their Medical Alert call list as well). Pray for their health but more importantly pray for wisdom for them, they may need to start looking into an assisted living scenario so they can each get the care they need readily. We want to help them however we can!
2. Pray for Women’s Ministry at our church. I fully agree with and support the vision being put forth. Pray for growth in vision and service and that women throughout the church would get connected. Pray for Sue & Shelley who are heading it up.
3. Pray for MOPS – we are in need of several volunteers to step up this year. Pray God would raise those volunteers up and that He would be glorified in how we, as the Steering Committee, leads it.