Great news! I was going to start a “link party” but all the “free services” for those are now requiring payment so I will hold off until I can find a solution for that. However, several people have made the comment that they want to do this too, and I’d love for you to join me in this habit of weekly “life organization,” so please add your link in the comments to I can see your posts. The great news is that I now have a Monday Meanderings badge available that you can post into your site, telling others that you’ve linked it here. It’s a great way to network and check out more blogs! You can get the badge below or at the right-hand side bar:
Proverbs 31 & The Excellent Wife
“Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.” (Hebrews 4:14-16)
* Pray for him – this week specifically for his role as Daddy. For the time he has available to spend with the kids and opportunities to rest, play, read, teach, train, disciple, and discipline them.
* Make Rhubarb-Strawberry Coffeecake for him
Train Them Up:
IAIN – Working on colors mostly since he’s farthest along there. Also working on first-time obedience, especially with not climbing on the tables and “come here”. He’s doing great with talking and his favorite phrase right now is, “Be right back!” or “Get me!”
CLAIRE – Slowly going through the reading lessons with her, she’s doing great and often points out words in books that she knows. Working on sharing and not “returning evil with evil but returning evil with good.” She almost always hits back or pushes Iain down when he does something to her, even if it was an accident so we are trudging through that lesson.
New Habit of the Month:
Work out 4x a week. I was doing well, and then slacked off. I need to get back to it! Paul & I are doing a 5K next month so I need to hop to it!
* Return LL Bean order, get replacement shoes.
* Gather recipes for essential oil blends I want to put together
* Pin fabric for new dress for me (just need help/advice so I know how I’m supposed to do that)
M – Grilled Steaks and Hamburgers, Salad, Watermelon, & Lemon Cake with Paul’s parents
T – Dinner with the Stoeckles
W – Chicken Artichoke Pasta, Salad, Fruit Salad
Th – Peanut Chicken Stir-fry, Oranges
F – Jimmy John’s picnic with the Purkerson kids
Sa – Lasagna, Salad, Garlic Toast, Peaches
Su – Leftovers
* Got to see the Sierts and the Butenhoffs yesterday
* Got to see Honey Pat & Papa Don today for lunch
* Got to see Grandma & Grandpa Brown this afternoon to celebrate my birthday
* Play date with Gennie, Alice & Dean
* Play date/lunch with the EWC gang
* Dinner with the Stoeckles and chilling out
* Play date with Kate, Thomas & Charlotte
* Coffee with Shelley Noonan
* Game night with the Pearsons and Rachel
* EWC (Excellent Wives Club)
* MOPS playgroup
* Hanging with the Purkerson kids
* Coffee with Anna Menter
3 things I’m thankful for today:
1. The wonderful weekend filled with seeing family.
2. 1 week down, 51 more to go with Invisalign. It’s mostly just annoying now but there’s a good perspective in counting down!
3. Good weather to be outside in all the time. It’s getting more and more humid which is my cue that we won’t be outside in the afternoon much longer, so I will enjoy this milder weather while it’s here!
1. A friend of mine just found out that their baby in utero may have genetic abnormalities that could be detrimental to their baby. Please pray with me for her heart, and the hearts of her husband and son, and for the health of their unborn baby. Pray for God to put His peace within them while they wait for results from the tests and onward. Also pray for her friends to come alongside her if needed. Many times friends don’t know what to do so they opt to give the family space, not knowing if that makes it better or worse. Just please pray!
2. My sister was having big contractions today and was certain it was real labor, a month early. It took all day but they seem to be lessening now. Pray that she would stop being stubborn and rest (she’s the go-go-go type of person who gets bored easily). Pray for baby #3 to stay put a little while longer even though I know my sister just wants to be done already. There’s still a lot of time before the due date arrives.
3. This week has a lot of activity happening. I didn’t realize how much we didn’t have on our wall calendar until I opened our virtual one and saw it. Please pray for good sleep, energy, and time management as we move through all these good things.
Don’t forget to link your plan in the comments! I will let you know when I’ve worked out a link-up details and post it every week with mine.