Proverbs 31 & The Excellent Wife
“For God is not unjust so as to overlook your work and the love that you have shown for his name in serving the saints, as you still do. And we desire each one of you to show the same earnestness to have the full assurance of hope until the end, so that you may not be sluggish, but imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.” (Hebrews 6:10-12)
* Pray for him – this week specifically for his role as Husband. Pray that he would love, serve & spiritually lead me well (Ephesians 5:25-26).
* Keep watch on the weather to get “camping in the yard night” set.
* Make sure lunches are ready for him.
Train Them Up:
IAIN – He loves to spit and he loves to copy other people so you can imagine the things we are correcting with him. Listening to Claire when she says “No thank you!” is a big one he’s learning, as well as not throwing fits (which he actually responds well to right now, it’s surprising). He is also still going back and forth on his color recognition and every letter is the letter D to him.
CLAIRE – She is finally wanting to draw and color a lot more lately, sometimes she’ll sit at the table for over an hour and color over 20 pages. She also really like to do “school” but we can’t do that much when Iain is around because he fights with her about everything no matter what I try to have him occupied with or techniques to teach him. That’s been pretty frustrating. We’re testing out a discipleship kit for kids, to help do devotionals with them and teach them. Last week’s was pretty awesome (loving others) and Claire did really well but this week’s is over her head I think (trusting God with the future).
New Habit of the Month:
Work out 4x a week. I was doing well, and then slacked off. I need to get back to it! Paul & I are doing a 5K next month so I need to hop to it!
* Drop box at UPS store
* Get guest room prepared for potential visit from family coming through
* CLEAN HOUSE & LAUNDRY
* Gather recipes for essential oil blends I want to put together
* Pin fabric for new dress for me (just need help/advice so I know how I’m supposed to do that)
M – Grilled Tilapia, Salad, Oranges
T – Pizza
W – Sloppy Joes, Fries/Tater-tots, Peas, Salad
Th – Roast hot dogs over fire pit, Chips, Melon, Pasta Salad
F – Baked Ziti, Garlic Bread, Salad
Sa – TBD
Su – Leftovers
* Play date with Gennie, Alice & I get to hold new baby Dean for hours!
* Hang time with Cindy while her kids play with mine, her teenagers love our toddlers
* Podliskas over for a fire-pit dinner & play time
* Family reunion
3 things I’m thankful for today:
1. Paul. He is God’s grace to me. He is utterly amazing and I’m so thankful for him.
2. Iain is using more and more words, it is super cute to hear!
3. Last week we went through John 15:17 and teaching Claire about loving others. She did really well with it and I love hearing her giving Iain turns or letting him have something she wanted with a good attitude because “she’s loving him!”
1. A friend of mine just found out that their baby in utero may have genetic abnormalities that could be detrimental to their baby. Please pray with me for her heart, and the hearts of her husband and son, and for the health of their unborn baby. Pray for God to put His peace within them while they wait for results from the tests and onward. Also pray for her friends to come alongside her if needed. Many times friends don’t know what to do so they opt to give the family space, not knowing if that makes it better or worse. Just please pray!
2. As the weather gets warmer pray for a renewed vision for hosting things that would enable relationship with people. Having two toddlers is tiring so I often find myself at the end of the day absolutely drained of energy and not wanting to do anything. When in reality this is a perfect time to do fire pits in the front drive-way so we can talk to neighbors, invite neighbors over for things, and simply be out, be seen and be inviting people in. I’m not motivated right now to do that, I’m so tired, but I don’t want to be idle/sluggish with it either.
3. This might seem totally trivial but I just got Invalign orthodontics a couple days ago. They hurt a great deal when I have to take them out to eat and put them back in (because my teeth want to move back to the place they are moving from every time the restraints aren’t in). This, and that they are cutting my tongue, makes me not want to eat or talk at all. My mouth just hurts. I know I’ll get used to them as time goes on and it will get much better but I can feel myself not wanting to read to my kids because I know when I say certain words it will hurt or similar things. It’s kind of ridiculous but painful and therefore I’d love support in prayer for my darn mouth.