Proverbs 31 & The Excellent Wife
“And now, little children, abide in him, so that when he appears we may have confidence and not shrink from him in shame at his coming. If you know that he is righteous, you may be sure that everyone who practices righteousness has been born of him.” (1 John 2:28-29)
* Pray for him – this week specifically for his role as Daddy. That he would minister to the souls of his children, take ample time to play & laugh & teach them, and for wisdom & compassion in parenting them. We are so very thankful for him to be their dad!
* Make a treat for him (one of my weekly tasks I want to do) – Banana Bread Muffins
Train Them Up:
IAIN – Little buddy is teething like mad, I just want these teeth to come in soon and give him some reprieve and restful sleep. We are working on first-time obedience with him as well as simple manners like not spitting out his drink at people. He’s in the terrible habit of head-butting people or things when he’s frustrated, I don’t know why but we’re still working on using words instead of acting meanly to each other. He’s doing well with his colors and some shapes. He still eats crayons, markers, chalk & paint so we haven’t done much of that with him, as he doesn’t really stop doing it no matter how we try to teach him. He does try to do everything his sister does, so it’s cute when he sounds out words after she does with reading, or follows her around. He’s awesome and oh so joyful (most of the time)!
CLAIRE – She’s doing excellent at getting herself dressed and her bed made almost every day. Though she’s starting to get attached to particular dresses and throws a fit when they need to be washed. She’s progressing well with reading and teaching herself some math facts. She plays really well by herself but kind of loses it when Iain wants to be in the same room as her. We are working with her on being loving to others (John 15:17) and we’ve been doing a family activity to help reinforce that idea through a devotional box that we are testing out for someone before they put it out there for the world. She is also still learning to use words before she throws a tantrum, day by day lessons…
New Habit of the Month:
Work out 4x a week. I was doing well, and then slacked off. I need to get back to it! Paul & I are doing a 5K next month so I need to hop to it!
Make big donation to Goodwill (DONE!)
Call Pest Control for assessment, no known problem right now (DONE!)
* Clean up basement, one step at a time (first toys, then guest room, then books)
Call Center for Survivors (DONE!)
* Pin fabric for new dress for me (just need help/advice so I know how I’m supposed to do that.
M – Ranch Skillet Hash, Steamed Veggies, Peaches
T – Pizza Muffins, Salad, Strawberries
W – Roast, Potatoes, Veggies
Th – TBD
F – Steak Fajitas, Guacamole, Salsa, Tortilla Chips
Sa – Grilled Tilapia, Salad, Fruit Salad
Su – Leftovers
* Play date with Gennie, Alice & I get to hold new baby Dean for hours!
* Hang time with Cindy while her kids play with mine, her teenagers love our toddlers
* Date at the Country Club
* Hoping that maybe the weather will get better and we can camp out in the yard this weekend since it looks like a lot of rain in the extended forecast.
3 things I’m thankful for today:
1. A warm, cozy bed that I really did not want to get out of this morning, but both kids were loudly shouting for us before we even got up.
2. That my kids have been playing somewhat nicely together, when they haven’t been fighting. I love to hear my kids playing together!!
3. Such an awesome and amazing Mother’s Day Weekend, it truly was life-giving and oh so needed. I’m so thankful for Paul and how he truly loved me well, I’ll never forget it (or at least I hope not). It was a simple weekend, full of laughter and relaxation. I loved it!
1. That I would press on in tasks that need done, or ministry, or writing, or parenting, or just everything when I really don’t feel like doing anything due to apathy (weather related? I don’t know)… it’s dreary outside and I’m kind of “blah” today, though I also stayed up way too late last night! My own fault.
2. That we would take advantage of opportunities to build relationships, with new friends here but also with family and neighbors and so on. And that they would also take opportunities toward us for the same thing.
3. A week from today Paul will be done with his class, but he’s got to work on his final between now and then. Pray for him to finish strong and finish well.