Proverbs 31 & The Excellent Wife
“By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers. But if anyone has the world’s goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God’s love abide in him? Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth.” (1 John 3:16-18)
* Pray for him – this week specifically for his walk with Jesus, reading of the Word, and character development in the fruit of the Spirit.
* Joyfully welcome him home from work (this may mean putting prepping dinner back a little if it’s stressful)
Train Them Up:
IAIN – He’s throwing tantrums quite a bit lately but he responds well when we simply tell him to stop and use his words. He’s cutting 5 teeth right now, 4 of them being his “eye teeth” or “canines” so he screams sometimes for no apparent reason and wakes from sleeping frequently. Just trying to ride it out and give him teething tablets as needed. He’s starting to hit back if he’s frustrated so we’re teaching him through that as well. Terrible twos, here we come!
CLAIRE – She’s been wanting to do “big people” things so we have her help with chores and stuff. Sometimes she loves it and other times not so much. She’s reading words wherever we go but is very shy to do it with other people at all. She loves “school” so we try to do some of that in various forms too. She’s still working through hitting/pushing/”helping” Iain by force so we’re training her still in that regard. She also is still working through staying calm before losing it emotionally. Once she starts a tantrum, it’s very hard to get her to stop. We don’t really know how to teach her through that. We’re also focusing on bringing Scripture into instructing her so we can get to the heart of it, most of the time she just listens and stuff but sometimes she internalizes and thinks on what we’ve talked about and brings it up later. She and I have had a ton of conversations about Jesus and why he died, she even asked me to pray with her several times about it. Obviously, we don’t know if she’s a Christian, that will prove itself over time, but I love that she’s thinking on this stuff!
New Habit of the Month:
Work out 4x a week. I was doing well, and then slacked off. I need to get back to it! Paul & I are doing a 5K next month so I need to hop to it!
* Finish trying out some supplies from a friend’s new business & write a review about those.
* Call for something to get fixed at home (I don’t remember!)
* Change bed linens & laundry
* Make list of errands to run in Omaha
* Write & send notes, mail book
M – Chicken Enchiladas, Refried Beans, Spanish Rice, Salad, Cupcakes (guests)
T – Chicken-Tomato Pasta, Broccoli, Mandarines
W – Pork Chops & Rice, Salad
Th – Goulash, Garlic Bread, Salad
F – Marinated Flank Steak, Baked Potatoes, Salad, Fruit (guests)
Sa – Spaghetti, Garlic Bread, Salad, Fruit
Su – Leftovers
* The Purkersons are coming over for dinner tonight
* Play date with Marie & kids
* Holly dinner w/ Ashley & EWC (Excellent Wives Club)
* MOPS meeting – last one for this year
* Hruskas over for dinner on Friday
* Holly to Omaha with Maria for errands to watch Wicked!!!!! It’s my favorite musical and she’s never been to one before so we’re having a girl-date all day. Thanks to a wonderful husband who gets to hang with the kids while I’m gone!
3 things I’m thankful for today:
1. The sun being out is so much better for everyone’s mood and the kids to play outside all day long.
2. The sun being out also helps us host more guests because we can eat outside, around the fire pit or on the picnic table, and let the kids play while we talk or do yard games.
3. The spiritual conversations that Claire and I have been able to have.
1. That God would grow me and cause repentance in me for seemingly small or “normal” stuff – like anger with the kids.
2. I have a few friends that verbally say they are Christians but sometimes I wonder if they actually are based on how they respond to the Word (the truth of the Bible), or how they refuse to inspect their own sin while wallowing in the sin of others. I don’t want to make judgements on their hearts, only God knows, but I do want to see them grow in faith & see them in heaven someday. I am praying specifically for them and that God would convict them or that they would come to realize that “Not everyone who says to me (Jesus), ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven” (Matthew 7:20-23) and draw them to His grace,
3. That Paul would finish his grad class/training with work well and bring the new found knowledge into his engineering group at work.