I’ll be sharing a recipe that our family really enjoys. I found this when I was on the MSPI diet after having Iain – the MSPI Mama website was my lifeline as I started adjusting our meal plans to accommodate Iain’s digestive issues. Paul’s been asking for them lately so I will be making them again this weekend & making extras for a friend who’s about to have a baby. They are healthy and delicious!
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. canola oil or other vegetable oil
1/2 c. (heaping) apple sauce
2 large eggs
1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 c. regular oats
1/2 c. ground flax seed
1/2 c. dried cranberries
1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray nonstick cooking spray into each muffin cup.
- Mix brown sugar, oil & eggs in a large bowl until smooth.
- Combine the flour & baking powder in a separate bowl. Stir flour/baking powder mix & remaining ingredients into the sugar/oil mixture.
- Drop a heaping tablespoon of batter into each muffin cup. Spread batter with spoon or fingers to evenly cover the bottom of the muffin cup.
- Bake until edges are brown, about 12 minutes. Let sit a few minutes in the muffin pan, then remove for complete cooling.
Makes approximately 48 granola circles.