Number 8 – What are 5 passions you have?
- Jesus. I am passionate about loving and serving God through growing in my own faith, as well as discipling others in their faith, specifically my kids and other moms or young women. I’m passionate about sharing the freedom & love we have in Christ, and teaching my kids about how much they are valued and worthy because of God’s faithfulness. I love to bring truth to dark places within people’s hearts and seeing transformation happen in lives because of repentance, forgiveness and restoration. I love seeing people walking with Christ.
- Paul. I am very passionate about my husband, I love everything about him even if it gets on my nerves sometimes. I love that we have a great marriage and a very healthy intimate life. I love that we enjoy each other and talk about everything. I love that he leads me and our family so well because of his deep understanding of God’s Word and his wisdom in life’s decisions. I love him!!
- Our kids. I am passionate about spending time playing with and teaching Claire & Iain. I enjoy their company so much, even if it’s 2am and one of them just threw up in their bed. I enjoy being needed by them for help of all kinds (though it’s also frustrating sometimes). I enjoy the silliness of dressing up and the “roars” that are screamed as we chase each other around. I enjoy the sweet prayers at bedtime and snuggles when they first wake up. I enjoy when they play nicely together and share toys & books. I enjoy building forts and knocking towers over. I enjoy hearing new words, or listening to spelling & sounding out words while learning to read. I enjoy bath time giggles and boo-boos that need kissed. I love our kids, they are my favorite kids on the planet!
- Helping bring awareness to human trafficking, particularly sexual slavery of children. This is the #1 social justice cause close to my heart, it illustrates the sin and darkness so prevalent within our world. My heart breaks for human beings treated the way they are because of sin and I cannot imagine the torture they go through every single day. I desire to show redemption & grace to those rescued and to help the world see the grotesqueness and abhorrent acts that are very likely within their own cities and towns. Modern-day slavery is apparently a very lucrative business in today’s society, to our shame.
- Helping counsel and educate people on parenting issues including abortion, discipling kids, even vaccinations & development milestones, etc. Abortion is the #2 cause on my heart. Honoring, respecting & loving a person’s life as God has defined it is an uphill battle in our society. I believe in helping girls who are faced with this decision, or even who have chosen to abort previously, they deeply need to be loved and supported as they struggle through it. They need to realize the vastness of Christ’s love for them, that He gave Himself to death for them. They also need to hear of the worthy options instead of abortions, like adoption. As for other parenting issues, I’m finding that many friends (including myself) are uncertain about parental decisions. I seek to educate myself so I can be more confident in parenting decisions, but also to help others should they ask. I’ve found that on some issues, I take a stronger stance one direction or the other (I’m pro-vaccine for instance) because of what I’ve learned but I have it in mind not to judge others – sometimes I do alright and sometimes I need to be honest & repent for judging, asking forgiveness from both God and the other person! But I’m glad that helping other parents, specifically ones in the same phase as me or earlier, is on my heart. Most of our conversations lead to what people are believing or not believing about God and how that affects their parenting or discipleship of their kids. I love it!
Would you like to participate in the “30 Things” series?
There is a link party on the index page of this series, you can add your link at any time this month. I would truly enjoy reading about you!