Number 5 – What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
- Knowing Jesus values me enough to die for my sins and draw me into a close relationship with Him. Not only that but also that he was resurrected and defeated death, proving that He really is God. I can not explain the freedom associated with knowing the truth – freedom to be myself and to make mistakes, knowing that nothing could ever take His love away from me (Romans 8:38-39).
- Being loved by Paul. He pursued me well and when he asked me to marry him, there was no doubt in my mind about him. He is, by far, the most amazing gift on earth. He’s a wonderful husband and a joyful father. He epitomizes the character of God in so many ways, in tangible ways he presses us closer to Jesus.
- Being the mom to my absolutely adorable & precious kids. They are both so happy most of the time, they love others, they are compassionate. They are hilarious and make me laugh every day. They love to snuggle and have sweet words to say. They have imagination, they are creative and content. They are energetic and active, and love to play games. They are curious and constantly asking questions. They love to learn and hopefully (prayerfully) they will know the immensity of God’s grace for them.
- Being in a small town has been such an unexpected blessing. I truly enjoy the slower pace of life and the genuineness of friendships. I like that the pressure to conform is not as prevalent (though it’s still here, we do live in the world!). I’ve really enjoyed the opportunity to gain a better perspective.
- God’s providence in all things, we are not in want for anything. Small pleasures: coffee, warm blankets, beautiful sunrise on glistening snow, Christmas lights & music, books, seeing my breath escape my lips as I play & capture moments in the cold, etc. There are countless things every day that bring a smile to my face and that I appreciate very much.
Would you like to participate in the “30 Things” series?
There is a link party on the index page of this series, you can add your link at any time this month. I would truly enjoy reading about you!