Number 4 – List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.
- God really exists. He really is alive and He really does love you.
- You are beautiful. Remember this especially when you look at yourself in the mirror & when you’re about to have a visit from “AF”.
- Stop comparing yourself to your sister, and anyone else for that matter. Be who you are. You are amazing, talented, smart, and don’t need to search out the perfect anything; there is no such thing as “perfect” this side of heaven. Delight in Jesus and trust God.
- Love will come. It may be a long wait, but the wait is so worth it. Even through the ups and downs of loneliness, wait. Wait for the one who loves the Lord. Wait for the one who honors & serves God first. In him, you will find a godly spouse and father to your children. Wait for him!
- The people who matter will like you. Don’t try so hard. Make a few amazing friends and several nice acquaintances, but don’t try to be on everyone’s “friend list”. You will fail if you do and that will break your heart.
- Have a lot of fun. Learn to be a little childish, spontaneous, and enjoy the simple things.
- Being a parent will be the toughest and most rewarding role you’ll ever have. You’ll fight tears, side-stitches and anger, sometimes at the same time, but those tender moments make it all worth while.
- You are blessed more than you think you are. Overcoming life’s difficulties will never be easy but take courage because as you move past these things, you will grow in the knowledge of God’s faithfulness and sovereignty. You do not need to put up a strong front or have it all together. Be real with God, be real with people.
- Enjoy traveling the world and take more pictures than you think you need. You’ll want the memories and you’ll want to pass them along.
- Continue to give generously. Of your time. Of your energy. Of your heart and resources. You will never regret meeting others’ needs or being kind and compassionate. However, stop doing your sister’s homework. She needs to learn stuff on her own.
Would you like to participate in the “30 Things” series?
There is a link party on the index page of this series, you can add your link at any time this month. I would truly enjoy reading about you!