This turned out so well, even Iain and Claire ate it! Very easy and we used the extra cream to make homemade ice cream.
2 tbsp butter, divided
1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken; halved
1/2 c finely chopped onion
1 can diced tomatoes; undrained
1/2 c whipping cream
1/2 c chopped fresh basil
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
16 oz package of any pasta
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in skillet. Add chicken and cook until each side is brown. Remove chicken to a baking dish.
- Cook onion in 1 tbsp melted butter over medium heat until tender, about 5 mins.
- Increase heat and add tomatoes. Cook until liquid is almost absorbed.
- Add cream, cook until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat, stir in basil, salt and pepper. Pour mixture over chicken and bake uncovered for 10 mins at 450° or until done.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Serve chicken and sauce over pasta.