This is also from BHG Sept 2012 issue, and I really want to try this with Thanksgiving leftovers!
1 (16 oz) bag frozen stew vegetables (potatoes, carrots, onion, and celery)
1-3/4 c. or 18-oz. jar home-style gravy
1/2 tsp. ground sage
2 c. cooked turkey or chicken, cut in slices
1/4 tsp each black pepper & ground nutmeg
1 cooking apple, thinly sliced
Fresh sage leaves (optional)
2 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large microwave-safe bowl combine vegetables, gravy, and sage. Cover with vented plastic wrap; microcook on high for 5 minutes.
- Add the turkey or chicken; cover and microcook 4 to 6 minutes or until stew is heated through and vegetables are tender; stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl combine the pepper and nutmeg; set aside. Spoon stew into four 14- to 16-ounce casserole dishes. Top with apple slices and, if desired, fresh sage.
- Drizzle with melted butter and sprinkle with nutmeg mixture.
- Bake uncovered, for 10 minutes or until bubbly and apple slices begin to brown.