1.5 lbs boneless chicken breasts
2 T cornstarch
1 t cumin
1 t garlic salt
1 egg, beaten
1 T water
1/2 c. cornmeal
3 T oil
1 avocado, sliced
1.5 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 c. sour cream
1/4 c. sliced green onion
- Pound chicken flat. In shallow dish, mix cornstarch, cumin, & garlic salt; add chicken, dredging to coat.
- In a small bowl, beat egg with water. Place cornmeal in another small bowl.
- Dip chicken, first in egg and then in cornmeal, turning to coat.
- Heat oil in large frying pan; cook chicken for 3 mins on each side. Remove chicken to shallow baking dish.
- Place avocado over chicken; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 15 mins or until chicken is cooked through.
- Top with sour cream and green onions.