This is the last one from BHG Sept 2012 issue that I want to try this fall.
3 small sweet potatoes, scrubbed and chopped (4 cups)
1 1/2 lbs pork tenderloin (cut in 1-inch slices)
2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
Ground black pepper
8 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
3 tbsp cooking oil
2 green onions, sliced
2 tbsp honey
- In a microwave-safe bowl microcook potatoes, covered with vented plastic wrap, for 8 minutes on high. Carefully uncover; stir once. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, to butterfly pork slices, cut three-quarters through each; open and flatten slightly. Brush with some of the soy sauce and lightly sprinkle with black pepper.
- In a 12-inch skillet cook garlic in hot oil over medium-high heat just until it begins to turn golden. Remove garlic and set aside. Cook pork in the same skillet for 2 to 3 minutes each side, until 160 degrees F when tested with an instant-read thermometer. Transfer pork to a platter; cover.
- Add partially cooked potatoes to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to crisp. Add onions, cook for 1 minute. Spoon onto plates; top with pork and garlic.
- For sauce, in the hot skillet whisk together honey, 2 tablespoons water, and remaining soy sauce until bubbly. Drizzle sauce over pork.
TIP from the test kitchen: *You want the garlic golden but not too brown. Burnt garlic will be bitter.