I found this somewhere on Pinterest and it’s actually a recipe from the Ritz Carlton Cooking School. I really like this flavor of cake, so I want to try it.
3 c. all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
3 c. sugar
1 c. unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 c. shortening, room temperature
5 large eggs
1 c. whole milk
6 tbsp lemon juice
1 lemon, zested
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray or butter & flour 2 loaf pans or one large bundt cake pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder & salt into medium bowl. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together butter, shortening & sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating until well blended after each one.
- Add dry ingredients in three additions to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Mix in lemon juice and zest.
- Pour batter into prepared pan(s). Bake cake(s) until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 55 minutes.
- Cool cake(s) in pan(s) for 15 minutes. Turn cake(s) out onto racks and cool completely.