We’re hosting the sound guys tonight and I thought I would make a treat for them. When I looked at what we had, I had no ideas, but I knew we had an enormous amount of apples (we still do) and I found this recipe for Apple Bread; it made my kitchen smell amazing!
1-1/2 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 egg, beaten
1 c. sugar
1-1/2 c. peeled, finely shredded apple (about 3 medium apples)
1/4 c. oil
1/2 c. shopped walnuts or pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the bottom and 1/2″ up the sides of a large loaf pan.
- In medium bowl combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and nutmeg. Make a well in the center of the dry mixture.
- In another medium bowl combine egg, sugar, shredded apple, and oil.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy); fold in nuts.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely. Wrap and store overnight before slicing.