My friend Barb made this dish for us after we had Claire and it was one of our favorites. Now, we get to make this healthy meal for others.
Prep = 15 minutes Bake = 10-15 minutes
1 c. pretzel sticks
2/3 c. peanuts, divided
1/4-1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper (optional)
2 eggs or 1/2 c. egg product
1 lb chicken tenderloins
1/2 c. chicken broth
1 pkg (16 oz) frozen sweet pepper/onion stir-fry veggies
1/2 c. uncooked couscous
2 Tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
1 Tbsp. canola oil
Dipping Sauce (recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a 15x10x1 in. pan with foil and spray with oil.
- Place pretzels, 1/2 c. peanuts and red pepper in food processor. Cover and chop until coarsely ground; transfer to resealable plastic bag.
- Place egg in shallow dish and dip chicken into it, allow excess egg product to drip off. Transfer chicken (half at a time) to bag with crumb mixture. Seal, and coat chicken pieces.
- Arrange chicken in prepared pan and bake for 10-15 mins or until no longer pink (170 degrees)
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan combine chicken broth & stir-fry veggies; bring to boiling.
- Stir in couscous, remove from heat. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Chop remaining peanuts. Stir in peanuts, rice vinegar and oil into couscous mixture.
- Serve chicken, couscous and dipping sauce together.
- In a bowl combine 1/3 c. plain yogurt, 2 Tbsp yellow mustard and 2 tsp honey.