We get so many comments on how good our sweet tea is. It’s really easy to make so I’ll post the recipe for all who would like it.
1 tea kettle full of water
6-8 regular sized tea bags (depending on desire of strength, also we use decaf tea)
~1 c. sugar (we have a very large pitcher and use 1.25 c sugar; for a normal 2 qt pitcher perhaps about 3/4 c is fine)
- Boil one kettle of water.
- Take kettle off heat, add tea bags to kettle.
- Steep for 1 hour.
- Put sugar and some ice cubes in pitcher.
- Once tea is done steeping, pour tea over ice cubes and sugar, stirring as you pour to dissolve sugar.
- Add ice cubes and/or water to fill pitcher all the way.