My sister, Katie, made this for us when we visited and I wanted to recipe since Paul loved it so much. So here I will share the deliciousness with all of you!
3/4 c. finely chopped walnuts
3/4 c. graham cracker crumbs (about 12 squares)
1/4 c. sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp cloves
1/4 c. melted butter
2 packages (8 oz each) softened cream cheese
3/4 c. sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 c. canned pumpkin
1/2 tsp cinnamon (divided)
2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- In small bowl, combine walnuts, graham cracker crumbs, sugar & spices; stir in butter. Press onto bottom of an ungreased 10-in tart pan w. removable bottom (spring pan).
- For filling, in large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese & sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs, beat on low just until combined.
- Add pumpkin & 1/4 tsp cinnamon; beat on low just until combined.
- Pour onto crust; sprinkle with walnuts & remaining cinnamon. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Cool on wire rack for 1-1/2 hrs; then store in refrigerator.