I doubled the recipe for 5-7 people and it was just enough with barely any leftovers. It was a HIT!
1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1/2 inch pieces)
1/2 lb fully cooked Polish sausage (cut into 1/2 inch slices and then halved)
1 can (15-16 oz) Great Northern Beans (rinsed & drained)
1 can (15-16 oz) Dark Red Kidney Beans (rinsed & drained)
1 can (14 1/2 oz) Diced Tomatoes w/ olive oil, garlic and spices (undrained)
1 Tbsp packed brown sugar
4 medium green onions (“scallions”, sliced)
- Spray a 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken in skillet 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except onions.
- Cook uncovered over medium-low heat 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Stir in onions. Cook 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are crisp-tender
That’s it!! It goes well with homemade cornbread, salad and fruit. Yummy!!
From the “Betty Crocker Quick & Easy” Cookbook