“It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, among whom I am foremost of all. Yet for this reason I found mercy, so that in me as the foremost, Jesus Christ might demonstrate His perfect patience as an example for those who would believe in Him for eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.” (1 Timothy 1:15-17)
* Pray for him – this week specifically praying for wisdom in participating in a Perspectives class. Wisdom for leading his other men’s study as well.
* Respect his nose and not use one of my favorite essential oils because he just doesn’t like the smell of it.
* Take care of making an appt for oil change
Train Them Up:
IAIN: He’s being prepped to start potty training in January. He’s very excited about it because he wants to go to school and knows he can’t unless he uses the potty. He’s all eager about it now. However, this has also caused him to be very articulate with who has penises and who doesn’t in our house, as well as broadcasting all bathroom business to whomever’s around. It’s funny and slightly embarrassing.
CLAIRE: She’s reading quite a lot but gets shy around other people, even daddy. She’s definitely trying to be “mommy” which means she tries to help me & take care of things but she’s usually bossy to Iain. We’re working on her attitude with that and teaching her that being helpful is awesome but she needs to be kind at the same time.
New Habit of the Month:
Get organized with documents and files; clean up the desk/office area & create a nice workspace.
* Send info to Lynn
* Make oil change appt
Mon – Chicken Tortellini Alfredo, Broccoli, Peaches
Tues – Grilled Sandwiches, Soup, Apples
Weds – TBD
Thurs – MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Fri – TBD
Sun – TBD
* Playdate with Kristi & kids at the ranch & I might even get to do some branding! Branding is one of my most favorite things, I haven’t done it since college but being on the ranch will bring back some great memories!
* Christmas festivities!
3 things I’m thankful for today:
1. Advent – the season of anticipation and worship as we celebrate our Savior’s birth and look forward to His second coming.
2. Fun times with the church caroling around Columbus last night! Great fellowship while blessing our neighbors & inviting them to our church’s Christmas Eve service.
3. Sleep. When I get enough of it, it’s awesome!
1. Perspectives, a course on global missions, starts in January. Paul & I have both taken it when we were both single, we learned a lot & it broadened our perception of Christianity throughout the world. There’s a possibility that we can get a cohort together to go through the course this spring – of course we both want to do it too! Pray that we’d have wisdom in deciding whether to do ti and which one of us gets to do it. This is fun dilemma to be in as a family!
2. Pray that my parents find a new place to live.
3. Pray that our church would be a light in the community, that there would be a vision for involvement and spiritual depth. Pray for our church’s leaders as they glorify God in their decisions for how they lead us.