1 John & The Excellent Wife
“And so, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light. He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.” (Colossians 1:9-14)
* Pray for him – this week specifically praying the above passage, Colossians 1:9-14, over him.
* Let him grill something this week and try a new recipe
Train Them Up:
IAIN – We are finding all his pacis, wherever they are, and will be taking them away or cutting the tips off or whatever so that he knows he doesn’t need them anymore. He did just fine without one for Honey Pat and Papa Don last week while we were gone so we know he can do it, he just doesn’t want to. We’re also going through the “speaking respectfully to people” training as well instead of whining or demanding things. He’s such a funny and joyful little boy and he’s definitely got a hilarious personality, we’re just trying to hone down those abrasive parts.
CLAIRE – She loves Awana and preschool, she asks to do school at home and for us to read to her a lot. She’s starting to want to teach Iain so she’ll say, “Iain, watch me do it and then you try,” when they are playing. She also tries to be his mommy still so we’re hampering down on that habit but encouraging her nurturing character.
New Habit of the Month:
I’m taking a rest from any specific focus for the month of October.
* Menu planning and grocery shopping
* Laundry & clean house
Mon – Lasagna, Garlic Bread, Salad, Fruit
Tues – Breakfast for dinner: Eggs, Sausage, Crescent Rolls
Weds – Grilled Steaks, Salad, Sweet Potato Fries, Fruit
Thurs – 15 Bean Soup, French Bread
Fri – Leftovers
Sat – TBD
Sun – TBD
* Playdate with Gennie & kids
* 1×1 coffee with Anna
* EWC (Excellent Wives Club)
3 things I’m thankful for today:
1. Such a fabulous vacation to Playa del Carmen with my husband to celebrate our 5th anniversary (8 months ago). We truly had a blast and came back really relaxed, excited to see the kids, and ready for the next 5 years before another anniversary vacation.
2. A husband who leads, and serves. He’s amazing! He leads me well, even if my flesh fights it sometimes God definitely uses Paul to draw me toward godliness.
3. Our kids are really good kids. They are funny, smart, adorable, and I love seeing God grow their character so that I can see their compassion for others, desire to help serve others, and loving, sweet nature. I’m so thankful that Honey Pat & Papa Don were so blessed by them and they did so great while we were gone. It is a wonderful thing to hear!
1. I’ve got some test results that I’m hoping to find out tomorrow. Just pray for God’s will and for wisdom in what’s next.
2. Paul started a Mission Prayer Night twice a month at our house, which is happening tonight. Pray in conjunction with us for God’s Kingdom to be expanded throughout the world and that through these prayer nights, we would be able to identify others in our congregation who have a heart for missions in any capacity.
3. Paul’s parents are at the brink of a major life change – his dad is retiring from being a pastor in a small community for 25 years. He will preach his last sermon there this weekend and they are moving this week to a different community. I am so excited for this endeavor for them, but I can imagine the nerves that may go with it. Pray for wisdom over them as they seek to engage a new church family (not as the pastor) and that these exciting changes will be ways in which God shows His faithfulness and grace to them in new ways.