3 John & The Excellent Wife
“Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving.” (Colossians 2:6-7)
* Pray for him – this week specifically praying for humility within his character
* Get laundry all done – including put away
Train Them Up:
Iain and Mommy had a not-so-great week last week after the tossing of pacis but he finally took a couple naps at the end of the week. Yesterday he was back to not crying but I’m hoping that he will be alright this week and take more naps than last week. Claire is writing more letters herself and it’s so wonderful to see how big she’s getting! We’re currently working on picking up toys and putting them completely away at the end of the day, instead of just tossing them in vicinity of where they belong.
New Habit of the Month:
Making sure we are doing homeschooling 3x/week. (I have utterly failed at this so far, I will be keeping this for Dec as well)
* Meal plan for next week
Mon – Pork Chops in Garlic Sauce, Roasted Potatoes, Green Beans
Tues – Dinner w/ the Revells
Weds – TBD
Thurs – TBD
Fri – Thanksgiving dinner w/ family
Sat – TBD
Sun – TBD
* Time w/ Morgan
* Playdate with Gennie & kids
* Dinner w/ the Revells – missionary family our church supports
* Time with family for the holiday
3 things I’m thankful for today:
1. Kids who are so sweet and have lots of moments of true helpfulness and kindness. Praying those moments happen more and more as we teach and train them. I trust God that they will!
2. The mercy of our God & for the Holy Spirit living inside believers enabling us to live according to the promise we have in Christ.
3. The generosity of my husband.
1. Pray with us for wisdom in parenting our kids through the trenches of toddler-hood. Pray that they’d see Jesus in us as we talk with them and train them in righteousness.
2. Pray that our church would be able to continue doing things in the community and partner with other Bible-believing and preaching churches to reach the city with the Gospel. Pray for the advancement of the Kingdom in this town and for many to come to know Jesus and be free from works-based faith.
3. Pray for safety for all the people traveling this week for the holiday. Pray for seat belts to be worn and roads to be dry. Pray for God’s protection.